Among the various QuickBooks process, one process is QBDBMgrN. It has a ‘.exe’ and relates to the QuickBooks Database Manager. Quite often, QuickBooks users stumble upon an error related to this process which states the error message QBDBMgrn not running on this computer. If you want to know about the various facades of this error, including the causes, and troubleshooting measures for rectifying it, make sure to stay glued and attuned to this article till the end.
What causes the QBDBMGRN is not running on this computer error message?
Some common explanations for the message “QBDBMGRN is not running on this computer” are listed below.
- Incorrect Firewall or anti-virus settings contribute to this error.
- The database manager installed on the system may be out-dated.
- System network files might be damaged or corrupted.
- QuickBooks database management installation errors or failures may also lead to this error.
- The problem could start due to a bad internet connection.
- QBDBMgrN may be having issues due to several background-running third-party programs.
What are the methods for getting rid of QBDBMgrN not running on this Computer error?
The various alternatives for rectifying this error related to the QuickBooks database manager are as follows:
Alternative 1: Install Windows Firewall Updates
To get the most recent updates on the Firewall updated on the system, follow the trails laid down below:
- Start off by typing Control Panel into the Run window. The same can be opened by pressing the Windows plus R keys simultaneously.
- Soon after, pressing the Enter key will launch the Control Panel.
- Go to Windows System and Security once you are in the Control Panel.
- As an alternative, you can use the command Firewall. Cpl to access the firewall settings.
- Select the Windows Firewall option and click on the option to Check for Updates under the Update your Firewall Settings section.
- You need to opt for the Update Now tab and then choose the option to Use Recommended Settings if Windows detects any updates.
- Await the installation of all updates.
- Restart your computer after the procedure is complete, then launch QuickBooks again.
- If you’re still facing the ‘QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error, move on to the following method.
Alternative 2: Restart QuickBooks Database Server Manager Service
The resolution of QBDBMgrn not running issue is also possible by restarting the QuickBooks Database Server Manager Service again, the steps for which are listed below:
- Hold down the Windows and R keys simultaneously to launch the Run window.
- Type Services.msc into the Run box, and after that, press the Enter key.
- The QuickBooks Database Server Manager Service will be labeled as “QuickBooksDB28,” “QuickBooksDB27,” or “QuickBooksDB26“, depending on the version you are using.
- Restart the database server service for QuickBooks.
- Select the option to Restart the QuickBooks Database Server Manager Service.
- Now try opening QuickBooks once more, and if you are still having problems, use the troubleshooting method described below.
Alternative 3: Install the latest Windows Updates
- Press the short key Windows + R to bring up the Run command box.
- Type “Control firewall. cpl” in the Run box and hit the Enter key.
- Click the option to Update Now if updates are available, and then make sure the Recommended Settings are selected.
- After applying the updates, restart your computer and attempt to view the corporate file once more.
Alternative 4: Including QBDBMgrN Service as a firewall exception
To ensure that the Firewall is not a factor behind this error, you must add the service as an exception.
- Remove the file “QBDBMgrN.exe” from the “C: /Program Files/Intuit/QuickBooks folder.”
- Save the firewall settings, then restart QuickBooks.
Alternative 5: Repair QuickBooks Desktop Software
The repair process for QuickBooks Desktop involves the following steps:
- Initial step requires pressing the Windows + R keys at once to launch the Run Window.
- Type “appwiz.Cpl” into the Run window.
- By pressing the Enter key, select QuickBooks from the list of installed applications.
- Select the option to Uninstall/Change at this time.
- Next, select Next and then click on Continue.
- After selecting the Repair option, select Next.
- Watch for the completion of the repair process.
- Once finished, restart Windows and then verify that the error has been resolved.
Alternative 6: Clean Install QuickBooks
The final arrow in the slot for uprooting QBDBMgrn not running on this computer requires the following procedure:
- Press the Windows and R keys to enter the Run command box.
- Within the Run command window, type “appwiz. CPL.”
- A list of all the apps on your Windows operating system will appear upon pressing Enter.
- Double-click QuickBooks Desktop and adhere to the on-screen instructions to uninstall it thoroughly.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub now, then select the Clean Install Tool option under the Installation Issues option.
- After deleting QuickBooks from the system, remove any leftover files by adhering to the on-screen instructions.
- Now carry out the installation procedure. Run the setup file after downloading the appropriate version of QuickBooks to start the installation.
- Complete the necessary fields to activate the product, and then try to access the company file again.
- Hopefully, the error must have been fixed.